- 1 lb of Malanga (Peeled and cut into small pieces)
- ½ Green Pepper (chopped)
- 2 Scallions (chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Sprigs Thyme Leaves
- 2 tbsp of Parsley (chopped)
- ¼ tsp of Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp of Salt
- ½ Scotch Bonnet Pepper (chopped)
- 2 Cups of Vegetable Oil
- You will need a blender for this recipe, so make sure you have one. Thefirst step is to add all the food ingredients mentioned above into the blender.You don’t need to add the vegetable oil, though. Choose the “puree” setting onthe blender, or whatever is the closest thing to it. The goal is to turn all ofthe ingredients into a smooth liquid substance.
- After it is all mixed together, pour the mixture into a large bowl. Putthe bowl in the refrigerator and leave it there for approximately 30 minutes.That should be enough time to blend all the flavors together.
- Take out a frying pan and place it on the stovetop. Turn on the heat toits lowest setting. Add the vegetable oil to the frying pan and let it heat up.
- Take out the mixture from the refrigerator and add it to the frying pan.Stir it all around with a spoon so that the oil and mixture are combinedtogether.
- Let the new mixture fry in the frying pan for between 5 to 8 minutes.You should see it turn golden brown by that point.
- Turn off the heat. Give the Akra some time to cool off. Put it on anapkin to drain out any extra oil that is in there.
- Akra is meant to be served warm rather than hot. So, you don’t want ittoo cool or too hot. If it cooled down too much, then reheat it in themicrowave for a very small amount of time to make it warmer again.