- 1 Can of Evaporated Milk
- 2 Cans of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- One Can of Coconut Cream
- 1 tsp of Grated Nutmeg
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1 tsp of Anise Star Extract
- 1 tsp of Almond Extract
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp of Lime Juice
- 1 Cup of Barbancourt Rum (optional)
- Pour the two cans of sweetened milk and one can of evaporated milk into a large bowl. Stir the milk around to mix them together.
- Pour the can of coconut cream into the bowl and mix that around with the other mixed milk. After that, you can proceed by adding cinnamon, nutmeg, almond, vanilla, and anise star. Mix all of those ingredients in with the other mixed solution.
- Now you’ll want to try thickening the solution somewhat to give it more taste and texture. You can do that by adding the lime juice to the solution and mixing it all around together.
- The true essence of the Haitian Cremas comes from the one cup of rum you’re supposed to add to it at this point. Most people will recommend Barbancourt rum, but you can experiment with other brands if you want. If you’re preparing the drink for someone underage, then you can leave the rum out.
- Leave the mixture alone for a couple of minutes. After that, the solution is ready to consume as a drink. Of course, you’ll need to find a way to pour the solution into cups or bottles. The simplest way to do that is by using a funnel. We recommend you purchase a 750-millilitre bottle because that is about how much of the solution should be available.
- If you’re ready to serve the drink, you should add ice to a cup before you pour the solution into it. Kremas is supposed to be consumed as a cold shake. The amount of ice you want to add is up to you. It all depends on your tolerance for ice-cold drinks.
Also, check out some of the most popular Haitian Food recipes below:
Don’t have the time to make your own Haitian Kremas yourself and wish to know where to buy online, visit SaveursLakay.com