Haitian Potato Salad
- 4 Red Potatoes
- 2 Beets
- 1 Celery Stalk (diced)
- ½ an Onion (diced)
- ½ a Green Pepper (diced)
- ½ Cup of Mayonnaise
- ½ tsp of Pepper
- ½ Salt (optional for taste)
- 1 Large Carrot (diced into ½ cup)
- Grab a cooking pot that is 1 quart in size. Add water to the cooking potand put the pot on the stove. Set the heat intensity to medium high on thestove. Wait for the water to boil. Add the beets to the boiling water. Let thebeets boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the red potatoes to the boiling water and beets. Stirthem around in the water with a long spoon. Let them all boil for an additional5 minutes.
- Add carrots to the boiling water and stir all the ingredients aroundwith a long spoon. Let it boil for an additional 5 minutes.
- Put the strainer in the sink. Pour the cooking pot into the strainer todrain all the water out. Leave the red potatoes and beets alone for a couple ofminutes to cool down. Then you can proceed to peel them.
- After the red potatoes and beets have been peeled, the next step is tocut the potatoes into cubes and dice the beets. Now add all of the ingredientsto a large bowl and mix them around together.
- Haitian potato salad is supposed to be served cold. Since theingredients are still warm right after you prepare them, the best thing to dois put the bowl of salad in the refrigerator. After an hour or so, the saladshould be ready to serve to your party.