The best time toprepare Haitian cake is on birthdays, holidays, and other special events. Youcan choose whether to make a big cake for lots of people to share or smallindividual cupcakes for them. This Haitian cake recipe is suitable for both. Haitian cake is a generic name for many different kindsof Haitian cake recipes. The recipe featured below is the traditional cakerecipe that people use in Haiti. It is a recipe that serves as the basis formany other Haitian cake recipes.Haitian cake is basically a butter cake that containsBarbancourt rum and nutmeg. Haitians love to put Barbancourt rum in many oftheir dinner and dessert recipes. It adds a unique flavor to the cake that youwon’t experience with any other cake. It doesn’t matter which type of pan isused, but it is recommended that you use Bundt pan.
- 2 Cups of All-purpose Flour
- 1 ½ Cups of Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 Sticks of Butter
- 3 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 Can of Evaporated Milk (12 oz.)
- 2 tbsp of Barbancourt Dark Rum
- 2 tbsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp of Lime Zest
- 1 tbsp of Nutmeg
- 2 tbsp of Salt
- Set the temperature on the oven to approximately 350°F. Give it time toheat up while you proceed to the next step.
- Put a large bowl on the counter. Add some eggs, sugar, lime zest, andbutter to the bowl. Mix all of the ingredients together with an electric mixer.You should use the low speed setting for five minutes.
- Now add the flour, Barbancourt rum and milk to the bowl. Mix theingredients with the electric mixer using the medium speed setting. Do this for5 minutes.
- Add the nutmeg, baking powder, vanilla extract and salt to the bowl. Mixthe ingredients together for roughly 20 minutes. You should notice the mixturebecoming smooth by that point. Now you have the cake batter.
- Place a clean Bundt pan on the counter. The pan should have 12cupholders in it for cupcakes. Lightly grease the pan and its cups.
- Take the bowl of cake batter and pour the batter into the cupholders inthe pan. Only fill up the cupholders halfway because the cake will rise when itis baked.
- The oven should be preheated by this point. Put the pan in the oven andleave it in there for 35 minutes. Take the pan out and stick a knife into oneof the cupcakes. If the knife goes clean through without any liquid, then itmeans the cupcakes are done.
- Put these ingredientsinto a medium-sized bowl. Mix them all together with the electric mixer untilyou have a smooth glaze. Now scoop out the glaze with a spoon and place it ontothe tops of the cakes. You could even add sweetened shredded coconut onto thetop for added flavorLet the cupcakes cool down for a few minutes. Meanwhile,you have the option to make some glaze for the donuts if you want. Here are theingredients needed to make the glaze: – ¼Cup of Lemon Juice– 1tbsp. of Vanilla Extract– 2Cups of Powdered Sugar– 2tbsp. of Melted Butter
Haitian cakes are a wonderful dessert to have. If you have a tropical sweet tooth that you need to satisfy, then Haitian cakes are the best. They are tasty, attractive and great. If you already have the skills to make a traditional cake, then making a Haitian cake should be easy.